The Senior Accountant manages the accounting department and is responsible for (Staff Accountants) in performing highly specialized accounting work required to maintain the integrity of the accounting and financial reporting. Working under the direction of the CEO, the Senior Accountant directs and coordinates the daily activities of the accounting department to quickly and accurately record the revenues, expenditures, assets, and liabilities of our company. He or She must be an experienced Full-Charged Accountant with supervisory, review, and analyzing financial information to produce error-free accounting reports and present their accurate results.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Guide and manage all operations of the accounting department, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, billings & collections, financial reporting, and bi-weekly/monthly payroll for approximately 100 employees
- Create Accounts Payable import file to import into QuickBooks (Caregivers and Vendors Checks).
- Manage and perform Insurance billing processes twice per month (reviewing the Billing AR Report).
- Perform monthly job profitability reconciliation reports.
- Create account receivable invoices import file to import A/R into QuickBooks after AR billings are done.
- Supervise accounts receivable posting of insurance payments into QuickBooks
- Manage and perform monthly bank reconciliations on all Bank Accounts.
- Manage Benefits, 401K and Retirement Plans
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Assist with financial audits, tax returns readiness, and internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Perform month-end and year-end close process to ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Develop business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Work with our CEO, COO and Program Director to improve financial procedures
- Perform any other accounting function that may be assigned by CEO
Required Education, Skills and Abilities:
- BS or MBA in Accounting with 5-10 years’ supervisory experience.
- A CMA Certification is a plus
- Must be proficient in QuickBooks Desktop Accountant 2018 and beyond
- Prior QuickBooks Desktop implementation experience including experience with data conversions and migrations in a corporate environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel – be an advanced user.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to effectively direct and supervise subordinates.
Salary and Benefits:
• Salary is from $72,800 to $93,600
• 100% Paid Health and Dental Insurance
• 401K with Profit-Sharing and Safe Harbor Contributions
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other prohibited category set forth in federal or state regulations.